Protecting Law Enforcement – those who protect and serve (Powerphone)
October 4 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
With high-risk law-enforcement-related 911 calls on the rise and officer deaths up, the focus on officer safety has never been more critical.
As a 911 call handler, you are a vital link in the emergency response chain. You are also the lifeline to responding officers. Protecting Law Enforcement Responders: The Dispatcher’s Role teaches you about the dangers officers face and how to best minimize those risks.
- Felonious line-of-duty deaths
- High-risk crimes and incidents in progress
- Groups that target law enforcement
- Extremist and street gangs
- Dispatcher tactics to protect officers
- Officer safety in motor vehicle stops and domestic violence calls
- Barricaded suspects and active shooters
- Radio dispatch procedures and etiquette
- Descriptive information gathering
- Critical incident stress debriefing